August 27, 2008

For The Very First Time....


I have lived in the US for almost 18 years and this is the first time I have been so interested and involved in who will be the next President.  I come from a country that has a transgender mayor and a female Prime Minister.  So really, all this is about time.

I am filled with such apprehension and excitement.  "The first time in history"....that's what I have heard all afternoon.  Privileged, is a word I would use right now.  Privileged to be living here at such a monumental time.  Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister when I returned to England. Sadly she is battling dementia now.  I was too young to be involved in the nomination process then but I do remember my father being a huge supporter.  He used to refer to her, as Maggie!

The DNC will be spectacular tomorrow night - remember to watch the short film at the end.  I'm just saying......

No comments: